The Burton Cotton Warehouse is made up of three definable
generations of buildings. The oldest warehouse facing Texas Street dates from
1924, with the adjoining larger warehouse constructed in two phases beginning
in 1957 and concluding with a 1979 shed addition.
This is where the cotton bales were stored before being loaded on the Houston
and Texas Central Railroad (H&TCR) on their way to Galveston.
The H&TCR ran right next to the warehouse and the railroad right of way land
is also part of the Texas Cotton Gin Museum complex.
Besides finished bales of cotton, the Burton Cotton Warehouse now houses antique
tractors, a 1951 IH cotton picker mounted on a Farmall H tractor and other
cotton related farm equipment.
Special arrangements can be made for a tour of the Cotton Warehouse.